PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION METHODS RANKED
I haven't driven a car in 5 years
- 1.FerryI lose my mind every time I take a ferry. My whole mind. It's beautiful and important and makes my journey feel purposeful. "Staring at water" is my preferred state of being.
- 2.AmtrakI only take Amtrak when I have to go far, so it has the same purposeful feeling as the ferry, and usually killer views. Plus I love assigned seating and wifi.
- 3.NJ TransitI just take this to go into NYC when I'm visiting my parents, and it's this high up on the list because of the familiarity. Also everyone is always drunk and happy. Penn Station is a shithole though.
- 4.AC transitIt's convenient but I'm still bitter that I can't ride for free since I graduated from Cal and no longer have a school-subsidized bus pass.
- 5.MUNI trainsEh, I could take them or leave them. They can be super convenient but are usually crowded.
- 6.MUNI busesThe 38 is the stuff nightmares are made of. I hate these buses.
- 7.BARTBART is the worst. BART is consistently ruining my life. I hate these dumb trains.