REASONS I SAY I ABANDONED PALEO VS THE ACTUAL REASON
We all know what the paleo diet is, right? Super restrictive, supposedly how cavemen ate or something? I tried it for a few weeks and it was not my thing.
- •My energy levels varied wildly to the point that I wasn't able to reasonably plan for more-than-moderate physical activity.It's true but wasn't THAAAAAAAT bad. I eventually got into a rhythm but the first few days were ruff.
- •I realized that it's dangerous for someone with a history of disordered eating to jump into something with so many rules, since I might use it as an excuse to run back into the familiar, loving arms of anorexia nervosa.Also true! I've been dealing with eating issues for a long, long time. And while it wasn't a problem this go-around, I don't like the constant battles about "I'm doing this to be kind to my body" vs "I'm using this as an excuse to hurt myself".
- •I love every cheese.I do! And eating it makes me feel good!
- •I don't currently have time to prepare every single meal in my life, and it really limits my options for eating out.Eeehhh this one's tenuous at best. I have the time, just not really the fridge space (I live with 5 people and haven't yet gotten a mini fridge).
- •SPIRALIZED VEGETABLES ARE NOT PASTA.I don't know if I've mentioned it 600 times, but I was raised in NJ and pasta is my birthright.
- •Actual reason: I do not have time in my day to poop that much.I feel like the law of conservation of mass should make it impossible for me to crap out my entire body weight eighty times a day, yet here we are.