SNIPPETS FROM A LETTER I WROTE ON THE TRAIN
Select portions from the first two days of the letter I wrote my boyfriend for the entirety of my Amtrak trip a few weeks back. I forgot to snippet the rest before I mailed it but this'll give a taste. Actual letter is 4 pages long, double sided.
- •10:15am, ThursdayMy sleeper car is basically a cubby, so I'm glad I'm small and like small spaces.
- •1:20pmI also had a brief interaction with a grandma looking lady who asked me if I was in college and I got flustered said I just graduated which is obviously a lie so now I'm terrified I'll see her again and either have to come clean or just keep lying? She congratulated me. I'm a monster.
- •5:27pmI just saw literal wild mustangs.
- •8:00pmI know it's too early to go to sleep but I want to. One of my tablemates got the steak for dinner and I wished you were with me because you're the only person who would've laughed if I said, "I have HAD IT with these MOTHERFUCKING steaks on this MOTHERFUCKING train." The moon is super dramatic outside my window right now. What a diva.
- •8:38pmI am a grown woman and I can get ready for bed before 9pm if I want to.
- •8:52pmI am ready for bed.
- •8:03am, FridayThe picture I sent you of the sunrise didn't do it justice, but I tried.
- •1:20pmThe longer I've been on the train, the more I start mentioning you in every conversation. It's because I miss you, and it's probably annoying to the other passengers. I don't care.
- •1:55pmWould you be mad at me if I made a shirt that said, "ASK ME ABOUT MY BOYFRIEND" and wore it every day?
- •8:17pmI talked to an engineer from the first Hubble telescope project, which was NUTS. He wants me to marry his son, who is 42. I will let you know once I come to a decision.
- •8:19pmI just remembered that I love you so I won't marry his son. YET.
- •8:20pmLove you so much though.