WHY I LOVE MY BAR
Meaning, the bar at which I am a regular. Maybe I'll tell you which one it is, but maybe not! It's mine! I'm proprietary! (It's Woods in Oakland)
- •Delicious empanadas.Get the ham and cheese one. Or the chard one if you don't eat ham.
- •They brew their beer in-house and it's delicious.No matter what kind of beer you like, there is a beer for you. Unless you don't like beer, in which case there is wine? Looks decent but I've never ordered it.
- •All the bartenders love me.And I love them! I rarely have to pay for my first round. I know all of their names and they know mine. Even the bartender I openly hate gives me free beers because I'm charming as hell and I always tip. When my fav bartender's boyfriend came in, she was so excited for him to meet me. Warmed my lil heart.
- •Convenience!I no longer live directly down the street from it, but it's still only a 10 minute bike ride.
- •Fire pit.Cozy as hell.
- •It's down the street from a bar I hate.So good to walk past the crappy bar on the way to my bar.
- •Dogs allowed and often present.One time I met a bloodhound named Milton.
- •They had a Girl Scout cookie event.Meaning they brewed amazing beers based on Girl Scout cookies, and donated a portion of the proceeds to an awesome nonprofit for young girls in Oakland.
- •The owner is a dead ringer for the Brawny man.It's overwhelming.
- •It's the best place to grab a casual beer and read a book, or low-key hang with your friends.This is not a party bar. I hate those. It's never too crowded and I rarely have to ignore dickheads who can't read the room.