Bullshit Office Emails
I am a freelance publicist, but every now and then I pick up short contract positions for a secure boost in funds. Sometimes I work in offices and it is the WORST.
- •Please advise.This is a passive aggressive way of saying "solve my problem before everything else on your to do list because nobody's issue is as important as mine".
- •Memos to entire office about one person's mistakePeople who do this are assholes. It's mean, petty, passive aggressive, and unnecessary. Usually this is over something totally trivial.
- •*unsolicited reminder about how to do my job*I get this fairly often because I am young. But, here's the thing. I am hired to do a thing. I know how to do the thing. That is why I was hired to do the thing. I do not need to be told how to do the thing just because you are not watching me do the thing 24/7.
- •Questions I could easily answer if you just talked to me like a person.Get up from your desk and walk to my desk! Or call my desk! It's not hard!
- •If you can try to remember to Reply All, that would be helpful so I don't have to bug you like this!1. Who are you? 2. You're not my boss. I just met you yesterday and your polo shirt collar was popped. 3. No.
- •PER my previous email, PER yesterday's meetingThanks, @jfout. This is awful, too. Where did this even come from?