Not general compliments. Compliments specific to me, Lauren Manalo. Feel free to add your own! 💁🏽
- •You really shine on this platform.Re: The List App. Thanks, @joakes! I do social media for a living so this makes me feel good both personally and professionally.
- •You helped me grow as a feminist.@jennifwah is my little sister from our college fraternity. I've seen her grow so much intellectually and I can't take credit for any of it, but she insists on this one specifically.
- •I want to push you into traffic.My friend was so taken aback that I looked great at brunch after a night of heavy drinking that he yelled this at me when I walked into the restaurant.
- •You have princess hair!My hair stylist. I live for her compliments.
- •This is why I love you.Whenever I say something smart or funny (which is often), my boyfriend will kiss me and say this. Variations include "I love your brain", "how did I get so lucky", and "you are the smartest and funniest person I know".
- •We're very proud of you.My parents. I didn't realize when I was younger how much this would mean to me as an adult.
- •You are God to me.
- •I've learned a lot from you.From a few different friends at different times, in reference to misogyny, racism, homophobia, cissexism, etc. I don't teach a class or make a point to soapbox about inequality to my friends whenever we hang out, so I think I may just be teaching by example?
- •You're so brave, strong, etc.I usually only get this compliment from people when I talk about being a survivor of sexual violence. And since I only talk about it at length when I feel weak or angry about it, it's hard for me to appreciate the brave and strong compliments in the moment. The reminder is important, though.