Favorite Self Care Activities
A reminder for myself, more than anything.
- •YogaI'm not just in it for the savasana... alhough that is a bonus. The full experience of yoga keeps me present and grounded. Being so aware of my body used to be uncomfortable but I now find it absolutely invigorating.
- •Playing an instrumentCreating music can be incredibly therapeutic. Even learning a new song to distract your brain from stress can be a comfort. My guitar has saved me from a breakdown on more than one occasion.
- •At-home manicuresI used to do these every week and it has made me ambidextrous. $8-$10 for a new color, a reeeeally good top coat (Seche Vite, preferably), and about a half hour to apply brightens my spirits quickly.
- •ColoringYes, with a book and crayons. Art therapy! Instant gratification and the feeling of being creative without any of the messy and difficult creative process. B&N actually sells adult coloring books in store if you want to browse.
- •Legally Blonde or the Johnny Karate show episode of Parks & RecDepending on how much time I have to watch a thing, these are my two go-to never fail happy things to watch.
- •Lush bath bombs and bubble barsBeautifully warm and decadent, best enjoyed by candlelight. Cut down on this because of the CA drought, but if I have been v good about taking short showers for over a week, I definitely treat myself to this.
- •Pore strips and exfoliating masksPhysically feeling like I am removing dirt from my life is extremely satisfying.
- •Gelato and fresh fruitThe best of both worlds.