Fictional Characters I Begrudgingly Identify With
Because sometimes fiction is too damn real.
- •Princess Caroline (Bojack Horseman)Workaholic hopelessly attached to lost causes. In PR. Dates men who are actually babies.
- •Carrie Bradshaw (Sex and the City)Clearly the worst of the four, and the one whose writing style and toxic thought process most closely match my own.
- •Jean Ralphio Saperstein (Parks and Recreation)"No, no , no...that's too much responsibility for me. I gotta find a way out of this."
- •Rory Gilmore (Gilmore Girls)I whine about non problems and good things keep happening to me whether or not I actually deserve them. THERE. I SAID IT.
- •The two best friends who are not Nancy Drew (Nancy Drew)I am gullible and did not correctly guess whodunit in any Nancy Drew book I have ever read.
- •Enid Wexler (Legally Blonde)May have to do with the false dichotomy of "good" and "bad" feminists perpetuated in the movie. But, I am also inherently distrustful of men and sometimes very unapproachable despite being very well meaning and compassionate about social issues.
- •Xander Harris (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)Sometimes I, too, have nothing valuable to add to a situation and compensate with quips.
- •Ross Gellar (Friends)I am a nerd who talks about nerd things and places too high of a value on my intelligence sometimes and I really just need to be told to SHUT UP.
- •Olivia Pope (Scandal)She can literally handle everything EXCEPT FOR HER OWN LIFE.