Non-negotiable Things in a Partner
Good one, @joakes! This is all aside from the obvious not sexist/racist/homophobic/generally oppressive and terrible, etc.
- •Good communicationTalking out feelings and saying exactly what you mean can be sooooo uncomfortable, but being open and honest are key for healthy relationships.
- •Not afraid to be sillyI'm the world's biggest goofball, so I need someone who can get on board with that.
- •Super gross and affectionate like meEvery love language is my love language. When I'm in love, I'm firing on all cylinders. People hate me for it but whatever. Surf's up, haters! I connect best with people who are the same way.
- •Willingness to learn, grow, be flexibleIf we are going to experience a full beautiful life together, we need to not be set in our ways.
- •PassionFeel joy! Care about things! Please!
- •Kind to children and animalsIt's cool to not want either right now or ever, but treating either like shit is a HUGE red flag.
- •Ability to apologize"I'm sorry you feel that way" is not an apology. I am bad at this in other ways, and am trying really hard to be better about it.
- •Does not play Devil's AdvocateArguing for the sake of arguing is pointless. I care about a lot of things and when people do this, I feel like my genuine thoughts and feelings are being devalued.
- •Good at cuddlingI am the President of Cuddletopia.
- •Self sufficientCodependency is not something I am prepared to deal with right now...or ever. We should have separate interests and friends and activities apart from each other.
- •~Into monogamyBisexuality doesn't mean I want to have sex with multiple people.