Places I Have Had Panic Attacks
A very personal tour of Southern California.
- •In front of my mailboxI opened a letter from my landlord saying they were raising my rent $100. I was working 3 jobs at the time.
- •PETCO Park at a Padres/Nationals gameGround floor in the ladies' room by the Tri Tip nachos stand. This just happened tonight! You heard it here first.
- •Old Town PasadenaMy uncle planned a surprise family photo shoot a week after I had an EDNOS relapse.
- •In my car in my college's student parking lotMultiple times, panicking over whether or not my abuser was on campus. Rarely went to class my senior year.
- •Night club during a friend's 24th birthdayTight dress, large crowd, my first time at a club in over a year
- •On the freeway on my way to therapyTruly terrifying and I had to pull over to the shoulder one exit before my therapist's office. SO CLOSE.
- •GA standing room pits at major concertsCan't do the crowds anymore! Seats and personal space or bust.
- •In movie theatersNow I read the IMDB parents' guides before every movie to avoid getting surprised by graphic sexual violence.