Road Trip Days 2 and 3: Salinas >> Monterey >> Fremont >> Sf
- •Late checkout from hotel😘
- •Downtown MontereyEschewed most of tourist filled Cannery Row and ate picnic lunch under the Boardwalk at the rock beach.
- •Seals!!!I felt a strong kinship with the one that rolled off their rock and belly flopped into the sea.
- •Boyfriend met my parents for the first time and my dad promptly showed him my high school graduation video featuring awkward photos of me as a teenNo pictures. It's not pretty.
- •Discovery of totally hereditary trait of stressing out en route to any destination, aka being a Travel Grump.I have it, my father had it, my brother has it... It's like The Force except for people who need to be I control at all times!
- •Golden Gate BridgeHis first time seeing it, what a #tourist.
- •Haight StreetNo pictures, we were engrossed in second hand record stores and thrift shops.
- •Lands EndWore the wrong shoes for this impromptu hike to get to the beach at sunset. 100% worth it!
- •Happy couple as of Day 3I assume we won't kill each other. It's pretty fun so far. Tomorrow, driving to Oregon!