➕ Things to Do in Oregon and Washington State
My partner and I are taking a romantic road trip (if such a thing exists) up the Pacific Northwest this summer and we would love local suggestions of things to do, see, and eat!
- •Must see tourist stuff?
- •Off the beaten path stuff?
- •All things fun, active, unexpected, or yummy
- •Crater Lake National Park
- •Silver Falls State Park in OregonThere's a 9-mile loop hike that goes by 10 waterfalls. But you can do a shorter 2 or 3 mile hike to hit some of them. Totally beautiful.
- •Oregon Shakespeare FestivalOne of the largest Shakespeare festivals in the nation. (Maybe the largest?)
- •Willamette valley wine country is a must! Backroads wine tours gave me and my hubby a kickass private guided tour of 4 wineries and it was awesome.
- •Portland food: le pigeon, nostrana, paleys, beast, castagna, imperial (get the chicken!), voodoo donuts, food truck tours, little bird, andina
- •Seattle eats: Zoe, canlis, Wild Ginger, Lola, spinasse, walrus and the carpenter
- •Vancouver, WA:Main Street marijuanaNo explanation needed
- •Multnomah Falls and Oneonta Gorge http://bit.ly/1GozqTKMultnomah is a pretty popular location along the Columbia River less than an hour from Portland. But the really cool spot is a couple of miles up the road at Oneonta where you climb over a huge log jam and wade through chest deep water to get to a hidden waterfall. I won't lie: I found it kind of terrifying at the time, but I think of it very fondly now.Suggested by @caffrin