Wedding Season Song ClichÉs
I used to be a wedding planner, and these are the songs I heard almost every weekend for 2 years.
- •I Gotta FeelingThe only feeling I got was the urge to beat myself to death with a Chiavari chair whenever this song happened.
- •Cha Cha SlideI hope this song sliiiiides to the left and off a cliff into a canyon of fire.
- •We Are FamilyFavorite of parents and grandparents everywhere. Millenials usually take this opportunity to refresh drinks.
- •Don't Stop BelievingI'm a hater. This is NOT the best Journey song and if you must play a Journey song at your wedding, it better be Faithfully.
- •Gangnam StyleMy first wedding season was the season of Gangnam Style. Hearing this song every weekend made me rethink my chosen career path.
- •A Thousand YearsI have died every day waiting for this song to end.
- •At LastStill love this despite how often I have heard it for first dances.
- •I'll Be/Maybe I'm Amazed/that one Lifehouse songFrom across the reception hall, I literally can't tell these songs apart.