WHAT I LOVE ABOUT BALTIMORE
I was lucky enough to live in Baltimore for a year, and wanted to share some of my favorite things about the city. My heart hurts for what's happening there. I love you Bmore!
- •The people 👨👩👦👦I know we've all seen some crazy things on the news with the riots and looting, but what's not getting a lot of coverage is the fact that a lot of kids used their day off from school cleaning up their neighborhoods. That's the Baltimore I know.
- •Maryland crabs are THE BEST 😋What better meal is there than Maryland Crabs smothered in Old Bay and dumped on your brown-paper covered table? So good! And you practically get a workout just trying to crack them open 🔨
- •Old Bay ⛵️Much more than a seasoning, Old Bay is a way of life in Baltimore. It's more ubiquitous than ketchup and can be found on the rim of a Bloody Mary glass, covering potato chips, and sitting next to ketchup, mustard and relish at the baseball stadium.
- •Natty Boh 👨🏻Don't give people the old side-eye 👀 when they order a Natty in Bmore. They're asking for National Bohemian beer, not Natural Light. Originally brewed in Baltimore, it's similar to a PBR, but I mostly love it for the little mustachioed man on the can. Don't mistake him for the Pringles guy!
- •Camden yards ⚾️By far, my favorite MLB stadium I've been to. Camden yards has great food, great fans, and I love yelling "O" during the Star Spangled Banner. Speaking of...
- •History 🇺🇸There are still cobblestone streets and townhouses from the 1800's. And don't forget Fort McHenry, where Francis Scott Key was inspired to write our national anthem 🎶
- •Hopkins 🏨I trained there for a year and got to learn from the best in my field. Not to mention my amazing co-fellows and the awesome ancillary staff. Such a great place 😊