A DAY IN THE LIFE OF ME 📅
Inspired by @ListPrompts. (I'm halfway through a huge 6-month project so this makes me look like a serious workaholic. Not my favorite. If anything, making this list reminds me how much I miss the old days when I only worked an 8-hour day.)
- •5:59AM - alarm goes offI try not to hit snooze but it's hard in the winter when my bednest is so warm and cozy.
- •6:15 - Hit snooze for the last timeMost days.
- •6:15 - 6:35: Lay in bed, slowly waking up and skimming social mediaI need 20 minutes to fully wake up. Always have. If you try to interact with me during that 20 minutes I'm a cranky asshole, but once it's done? BOOM. Wide awake and nice again.
- •6:35 - 7:00: Get ready for workHair, makeup, get dressed. Grab my packed lunch and a protein bar for breakfast. Chug down my birth control and vitamins on the way out the door.
- •7-7:30: Commute to workSing along to the radio if they play Adele. Check my texts and personal email one last time when I park the car because I probably won't get another chance until lunchtime.
- •7:30-9:00: Check emails, review agenda for the day, generally settle inMake a list (!) of items to tackle for the day, questions for my team, important meetings/calls. Say hi and chit-chat with co-workers for a minute as they arrive.
- •9:00-11:30: Work, work, workThis is always the fastest part of my day. I feel like I blink and it's over.
- •11:30-noon: Lunch breakCheck feedly and skim GoogleNews while I eat lunch at my desk. Text friends/family, read for fun if I have time.
- •Noon-2:00: More workThat spreadsheet isn't going to edit itself.
- •2:00-2:30: Mental health breakIf the day isn't crazy and the weather is decent I try to get outside to walk. The fresh air helps clear my head. If it's rainy or too cold I take a lap around the office or run to the kitchen for hot tea or water. Anything to get away from my computer for a bit.
- •2:30-5:30: Work some moreMy office empties out at 4PM and I love the silence.
- •5:30-6:00: Dinner break at the officeAbsolutely the most depressing part of my day.
- •6:00-8:00ish: Yep, still working.I always plan to leave by 7, but I'm not always successful.
- •8:00-8:30: Drive homeExhausted, but happy to be done for the day. I have a rule that I try to stop thinking about work by the time I leave the office parking lot. And no checking work email when I get home. Boundaries!
- •8:30-9:00: Shower, pack lunch for tomorrow, lay out clothes for the morning.Tidy up a little around the house if I'm extra motivated.
- •9:00-10:00: Unwind in front of the TV before bed.Unless I go straight to bed with a book. And either way, I'm usually passed out by 9:20.
- •10:00PM - Sound asleep.😴