BOOKS I WOULD LIKE TO LIVE IN
As requested by @ChrisK. This was a little tough since a lot of my favorite books are horribly depressing.
- 1.The Night Circus by Erin MorgensternObviously.
- 2.The Red Tent by Anita DiamantI love the familial tribe of women in this one. They don't always agree but they've got each other's backs.
- 3.Our Tragic Universe by Scarlett ThomasPeople complain that nothing happens in this book, that it's just the main character walking on a freezing beach in England with her dog and pondering things. I can't argue with that, but I'm okay with it.
- 4.Wolf Hall and/or Bring Up the Bodies by Hilary MantelI've always been weirdly fascinated by the Tudors, but the undergarments I'd be forced to wear and potential for death (plague! politics!) put this one toward the bottom of my list.
- 5.The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsJust kidding. I'd be dead before the Table of Contents.