SOME THINGS I WAS "FAMOUS" FOR AS A KID
Inspired by @Goldie
- •Creating a complicated backstory for my stuffed dragon when I was 5 years old.Her name is Elizabeth. She's a former opera singer, who never married or had babies because she's focused on her career. But that's fine by her.
- •Tricking my mom into making me the best costume in the second grade school play.
- •Convincing my ex-teamster grandpa to let me give him a makeover in my "beauty shop" complete with lipstick, eyeshadow, and pink hair curlers.This happened on many occasions. That man was a sport.
- •Losing track of an egg during the family Easter egg hunt, only to have it turn up a year later in my grandpa's work boot.
- •Leaving a shitty note when my parents refused to let me have a crawfish in third grade.My mom still has it and likes to read it to embarrass me. (Totally works.)
- •My impression of Cartman singing Oh Holy Night.
- •Singing corale music in Latin with a fake and VERY thick Eastern Kentucky accent.
- •A spot-on velociraptor walk.
- •Wedging myself between the brick fireplace and the sofa arm for hours, because I liked the physical restriction.Related: turning my clothes inside out because the seams rubbed; hating to be hugged, refusing to wear jeans until I was 12 because "they're too itchy". If a kid like me was born now a doctor would definitely float words like "autism spectrum" during checkups. (I seem to have grown out of it, although I still love the feeling of the weighted vest they put on you when you get X-rays at the dentist.)