THINGS I DISCUSSED WITH MY DAD OVER DINNER LAST NIGHT
Sometimes my dad takes me out for dinner on my own and we just talk about stuff. We've been doing it since I was a kid and it's the best. Dads - do this with your kids.
- •Why work sucksWe're both in the middle of huge stressful projects that we don't really love. Not ideal.
- •Why work is awesomeOur bosses are great and supportive, we're paid well, and we like our co-workers.
- •Why he loves my mom so muchToo many reasons to list. It boils down to him adoring her (and vice versa).
- •My recent breakupNice guy. Not the one.
- •His secret to a happy 36-year marriageBe honest. Remember you love the other person even when they annoy you. Work together as a team.
- •Pancakes vs. French ToastFrench toast. No question.
- •Some friend drama I've been dealing with"Kid, do what you want. But life is too short to spend with a bunch of drama-addicted bitches."
- •What he wants for Christmas from my momWireless headphones. (He'll send me a link.)
- •Dragonfly pinsHe bought one years ago for my mom and she loved it, but the clasp broke and it got lost. "Do you think I could find another one out on the Internet?" Sure do, Dad. I'll send you a link.
- •That time we were getting ice cream and a super cute gay guy was macking on him.He had no idea at the time. It was adorable. He's still shocked someone so good looking might be interested in him.
- •How life has been since my Meem (his mother-in-law) moved in with my parentsAwesome. He loves it.
- •Then he took me to Dairy Queen for a dip cone, because that's our thing.