a story about holiday spirits 🍷🍷🍷
- •so tonight during my family's xmas party my aunts decided to make "Glug"
- •apparently Glug is an old family recipe to drink in the winter months
- •The Recipe: bourbon and red wine, cloves, almonds, raisins, cinnamon sticks, and sugar
- •you boil it for a few minutes, add sugar, and then LIGHT IT ON FIRE 💥
- •Some descriptions I heard about this mystical drink before trying it:"smells and tastes like Viks Vapor Rub." "like warm cough syrup." "if you have a cold or a cough, one whiff of Glug and you'll be all cleared up."
- •this drink sounds Na$Tywhat's all the hullabaloo?
- •I guess a tradition in our family was that the youngest male had his head held over the steam of boiling Glug until his nose started to bleed or he couldn't breatha sign of becoming a Bassett man or something? and I'm supposed to DRINK this?!
- •my grandfather and uncle (both deceased) really enjoyed Glugso my aunt made a tear jerking toast in honor of both men and we toasted
- •I took my first sip
- •💥POW💥 Glug hits you right in the chest
- •it tastes like horrible, deplorable, disgusting hot cough syrup with a spiced wine aftertaste and the occasional floating raisin drifting about
- •noses were scrunched while drinking but we all suffered through The Glug Experience
- •so that was fun...
- •in conclusion, family traditions are weird