How to Overcome Cultural Barriers: Usa
From my own experiences living in the States
- •Watch and rewatch Seinfeld until it's funny.
- •Pick a stand-by greasy diner order for hungover mornings.
- •Practice ordering at Subway alone before going in there with others.Took me five minutes to figure out what: "Do you want mayo on it?" means when I went there for the fist time.
- •At restaurants always order "Ranch" dressing with your salad until you figure out what other dressings taste likeIt's the safe bet
- •Don't give a long answer, when people ask: "How are ya?"A "Fine. Thanks" will do 95% of the time.
- •Even if you don't get American football, learn to love the Super Ball commercials.
- •If you're a woman, bring money on first dates.And don't complain about it. Because you're so much more empowered as a woman in North America than in some parts of the world.
- •If you get a dog, pick up its poop.No way around it.