A PERFECT DAY IN SANTA BARBARA
As a native Barbarian I thought I would list an ideal day in Santa Blah Blah, just how the locals do it.
- 1.Breakfast at Jeannine's on Coast Village RoadThey serve Stumptown Coffee, which is strong enough to last you the whole day. They have great breakfast, and the scones are to die for.
- 2.Beach walk on Butterfly BeachButterfly is the beach right in front of The Biltmore. It has an amazing view of pier and beachfront of Santa Barbara.
- 3.Trip to the Farmer's MarketThere's a Farmer's Market almost every day in Santa Beezy. The best ones are the Saturday morning at Santa Barbara and Cota Street, Tuesday afternoon on State Street, and Friday morning on Coast Village Road.
- 4.Lunch at Los ArroyosSome of the best Mexican food in town. I recommend the Tostada Ranchera with grilled chicken or veggies. There's a location on Coast Village Road in Montecito, and one on Figueroa Street downtown which is a little more casual.
- 5.Stroll through the Rose GardenThe mission in Santa Barbara is beautiful to visit on its own, but there is also a rose garden attached to it with hundreds of beautiful roses.
- 6.Drinks at Harry'sHarry's is a Santa Barbara gem. The restaurant is dark and shmoozy inside with red leather booths, and the strongest drinks around.
- 7.A movie on the RivieraThere a number of movie theaters in Santa Barbara but the Riveria is the best. Secluded and often has indie films or docs.
- 8.Dinner at Via VaiUpper Montecito's Italian go-to. Thin crust pizza, fresh pasta, and lots of wine.
- 9.Dinner at the Plow and AngelSlightly lower key than the Stone House upstairs and you can still follow a baked Alaska with a walk around one of the most beautiful hotel grounds anywhere.
- 10.Brunch at the BiltmoreThere is no equal.
- 11.Upper village car showMost Sunday mornings from about 8-10am there is an informal gathering of classic cars, modern super cars, and everything in between in the upper village of Montecito. It's as close as most of us will get to an original Cobra or 60s Ferrari.