A REAL DEFENSE OF ELEVATOR MUSIC
let's fuckin go, Cady.
- •90% of the elevator music i've ever heard in real life or in pop culture has been like soft listening
- •also, you're in the elevator for no longer than one minute, if you're lucky.
- •how awesome would it be to stand beside a nice smelling, good looking stranger while Robbie Dupree's "Steal Away" plays softly over that little asterisk of holes in the ceiling,
- •and to hear the stranger's cheeks open up to a smile while you tap your foot to the beat,
- •then to turn to see if they were as good-looking as you gathered during the two seconds you took to step on the elevator,
- •then to catch their eye, and smile politely with that little breath-giggle people do in quiet spaces when they're nervous but a little delighted,
- •and to get off on floor 7 to wherever you need to be, and day dream about that stranger on the elevator with the nice face and nice scent,
- •then to run into them again, some other time, on the elevator, and maybe a couple times after that, until you strike up a conversation,
- •then to invite them out for drinks on the weekend, and then you guys do coffee another day,
- •and then before you know it, some time has passed and you're at their place with two mugs of mulled cider, walking towards the couch, while the former-stranger convinces you to watch this swedish thriller with them, even though you hate suspense and reading subtitles while watching movies
- •and to get a quarter through the movie and halfway through the mug of mulled cider, to the point where the swallows don't burn your tongue on the way down, but they're warm enough to still make your chest feel like someone's tossing a blanket on your insides,
- •then to turn to see if the former-stranger is still as good-looking as those two seconds you took to step on to the elevator,
- •then to catch their eye, and smile warmly with that little breath-giggle people do in quiet spaces when they're comfortable and happy,
- •and to think that the thing that brought you two together, whatever you are together, was tapping your foot Robbie Dupree's to "Steal Away"?
- •Elevator music could be the catalyst to some cool shit, dude.