What Made ME Feel Better on This Bad Day
Low points in abusive friendships aren't fun, so this is what I did to get myself out of a funk.
- •Analyzing Riddles of The Sphinx/Mulvey from a black fem millennial perspectiveEVERYTHING CHANGES OMG
- •Taking selfies in public restroomsShameless self-love in public spaces where privacy is feigned to give people a sense of comfort is so... Fun! Also this was the first day where I didn't complain outwardly about my body. Those rugby thighs get to me sometimes.
- •Isis&OsirisThis is the first song I heard that made me want to be just like Alice, take up harp lessons when I was 8, and learn about Egyptian spirituality. I still get blown away.
- •Talking about the stories behind my tattoos
- •The perfect melonMy favorite fruit is honeydew, and I got the sweetest golden honeydew in my house. I took my time cutting it into cubes and thought about things I was grateful for today, which led to this list.