WORST THINGS ABOUT WEARING GLASSES
I've been wearing glasses for about 2 years and although they are better than contacts, they definitely have their drawbacks (except for the allowing me to see thing, that's a plus)
- •nervous fogging upsure it's "cute" when it happens if you're drinking a hot cup of coco but not when you're in a job interview with two old ladies in a flower shop and you have to keep wiping them off!!
- •everyone wants to try them on"look, i'm a nerd!!" No, you're just stretching out the only instrument that allows me to see
- •people assume your whole life is schooli happen to listen to some music too!! and have an (arguably unhealthy) tv obsession
- •your mom calls you a nerdwhen people at school do it, it's fine because it's true, but come on! my mom!!!
- •lying down on your side after a hard day
- •not being able to see when you swim/ runi'm not about to buy prescription goggles or deal with #1 while at least pretending to be athletic
- •people assuming you're a geniusif you are smart or not, it's certainly not due to a genetic handicap that stops you from seeing as well as you could
- •being anywhere the sun is (which is everywhere)suffering through switching between being blinded by the unforgiving sun or by your innate inability to see
- •people making comments when you don't wear your glasses"you look so 'different'!" good? bad? i can never tell