My Favorite Healthy Snacks
I only thought of this because I am eating a healthy snack. I'm not sure if these are all healthy and I don't eat half of them weekly but I love them all.
- •Bell PeppersOnly acceptable ones imo are yellow, orange, and red IN THAT ORDER. I like to slice them in long strips so they are easy to grab. Covered in salt is preferred, but you do you.
- •Fresh fruits like peaches and strawberries and melonsMUST be ~in season~ or close
- •BananasI just started eating these and I have discovered that I only like a very small window of perfectly ripe or over-ripe because I like them more sugary. But I LOVE THEM. I ate 5 yesterday (but that was because of a mistake where I accidentally tore the tops off all them trying to get the top off one)
- •Carrots or cucumbers or celery to dip w/ hummus or those Greek yogurt dill dips
- •Celery or apples w/ peanut butterI love the crunch of celery. Also the crunch of apples. Depends on the amount of sugar I want / have on hand.
- •Crackers with Brie and fruit spreadI got fig butter at Trader Joes recently and it's okay, but I think an orange marmalade or.. Idk. I'll take suggestions b/c Brie is super cheap at TJs and I am a TJ hoe now.
- •Chips and salsaIs this healthy? One of my go-to snacks in middle/high school.
- •A salad with a lemon mustard vinaigretteBut only that dressing my aunt made for Christmas 3 years ago (I still think about it and omg it was heavenly)
- •PistachiosThe full-shelled kind that make you work for it. Gives you something to do with your hands, as well. And if you want more salt? Suck on the shells (sorry - I am a salt-fiend)
- •Dried apricotsI happened to really crave candy one night and dried apricots were there for me to help me get through it. They now have a special place in my heart.