Already on li.st? Open in app.
By no means is this a how to, I haven't mastered that yet. Right now, life is fluctuating between overwhelming & just getting by. These are reminders for myself of what has worked in the past.
- •Reality checkAre my basic needs being met? Yes
- •Do I have a support system?Yes
- •Am I utilizing this support?I could be reaching out more
I moved here about 3 weeks ago & through brief interactions and observations have learned quite a bit.
- •Local residents are very vocal in their support of TrumpThey bring it up with no encouragement.
- •Apparently there are many reasons to support TrumpI personally can't think of one!
- •For example:
@totallyjudged, because it needs discussed.
- •This was the first book series I ever read.I read nearly every book between 1st-4th grade. Shout out to my neighbor who gave me her books in the hopes we would some day start our own BSC.
- •Baby Sitters Little Sister was the second series I readAnd it was just as amazing.
- •The BSC taught me USA geographyBack story: my dad is obsessed with history & war, which is why I, at 6yo, knew where Vietnam was. While reading the BSC, I constantly misread Vermont as Vietnam, and was amazed they could travel there by car, & did so frequently. I was confused, & then humiliated when I asked my mom how that was possible.
- •And I couldn't believe it.
- •Surely this isn't the same young girl I used to tutor.
- •And then her mom was on the screen, sharing her broken heart so bravely.And I knew it was indeed the student I spent a year helping. They looked so much alike.
- •Smoking while holding a baby
- •Smoking while blowing up balloons
- •Holding a lit cigarette in the same hand as a full balloonAnd being pissed when the balloon pops
inspired by @twigviscious. This will most likely be the first of many "made me cry" lists
- •Let's start with Disney first.The Lion King, Beauty & the Beast, Inside Out
- •Now some classicsLittle Women, The Way We Were, Cold Mountain
- •Susan Sarandon filmsAnywhere but Here, Stepmom, Little Women
- •Less obvious movies that induce tearsButch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Breakfast on Pluto
I think I'm onto something guys. Fuck new year resolutions, this actually stuck!
- •It's 8 months later & I have reached my goals.And then some...
- •Goal 1: 30-45 minutes of physical activity 5 days if the week.If somebody told me I'd enjoy exercising & look forward to it, I would have laughed. But I really do, it's one of the best parts of my day.
- •Goal 2: Eat fresh produce daily.So simple. Even if it was just a carrot for a snack instead if a granola bar.
- •He sends the troops over when he can't be by my side.And reminds me I'm not alone.
- •He talks me to sleep on the phone.Because I sleep better hearing his voice before I doze off.
- •He is willing to drop everything & drive to me when shit is hitting the fan.This impressed me over 4 years ago, when we were only friends.
The past week has been demanding & emotional, but I got through it. Today is making me lose all my shit.
- •Mom had her first bad day since the mastectomy.I hate not being able to take away the emotional pain & frustrations that come with her cancer treatment.
- •There is zero fucking way to connect to the internet at my folks house.
- •All 3 of the computers are broken.Whhhhhhyyyyyy?
Last week I vacationed with family in Yankton, SD. It was wonderful.
- •Arriving to the resort & being completely surprised that not all of South Dakota is awful.Sorry any citizens of SD, but after having ridden across SD 3 times, I came to hate the barren flatbed.
- •Walking less than 7 minutes to the reservoir & swimming every day.
- •Learning how to paddle board!!