The Baby Sitters Club; what did you think?
@totallyjudged, because it needs discussed.
- •This was the first book series I ever read.I read nearly every book between 1st-4th grade. Shout out to my neighbor who gave me her books in the hopes we would some day start our own BSC.
- •Baby Sitters Little Sister was the second series I readAnd it was just as amazing.
- •The BSC taught me USA geographyBack story: my dad is obsessed with history & war, which is why I, at 6yo, knew where Vietnam was. While reading the BSC, I constantly misread Vermont as Vietnam, and was amazed they could travel there by car, & did so frequently. I was confused, & then humiliated when I asked my mom how that was possible.
- •My favorite charactersDawn, Claudia, Stacy. And I think possibly Abby
- •The entire time I read the books I thought the third Pike triplet was named Bryan, it wasn't until I came back to the series as an adult that I realized his name is BYRON. Not quite a Vermont/Vietnam mix up, but still.
- •Dawn, Claudia, and Stacey are the trifecta! ✨
- •The first book I read was Claudia and Mean Janine, but the one that made me a believer was BOY-CRAZY STACEY. (I'm going to New Jersey in a few days and there had best be something resembling Sea City when I get there.)
- •Someday I would like to take the exact road trip that the girls take in BSC in the USA. Please consider this your formal invitation.
- •My cousin and I decided to write a book series called Best Friends Forever (very obviously inspired by the BSC). The book I "wrote" was titled Mystery at the Mesa County Fair. Someone stole a pie or something? 🙈
- •The BSC movie is still one of my favorites.The soundtrack is awesome. Its cast is great, & has some young stars. Oh and Luca 😍