AS TEARS GO BY (OR SONGS THAT MAKE ME CRY)
I'm a peach.
- •Tonight You Belong To MeI first heard this song when I was very small performed by the Lennon Sisters on the Lawrence Welk Show, which was always ALWAYS on at my Babcia and Poppop's house. On top of my own immensely nostalgic emotional connection, I just think it's the sweetest, saddest song ever written. There are so many different versions. My favorite is probably the one by the four-year-old and her dad 😭
- •Giving Up by Ingrid MichaelsonIngrid has been one of my favorite artists since I was about fourteen. Each of her albums has provided the soundtrack to specific points in my life, and it's amazing to see how her music changes for me as I myself change and grow. This one in particular makes me misty without fail.
- •Day Go By by Karen OThis whole album, tbh
- •Moon RiverHow can you not???
- •On Your Porch by The FormatSongs about parents + me = 💀
- •The Only Thing by Sufjan StevensCarrie & Lowell will always destroy me.
- •Helplessness Blues by Fleet FoxesThis is a happy song idk what is wrong with me (actually I do know it makes me cry for a very specific personal reason because I'm a fucking sap)
- •Dearest by Buddy HollyThis brings me straight back to the period of my life wherein I was obsessed with Juno and its soundtrack, which I guess I'm subconsciously nostalgic for? Also it's super sweet and exactly what I want love to be bye 🙃
- •God Only Knows by The Beach BoysI've listened to this one so much that it's almost lost its power but every so often 💧💧💧💧