SOME OF MY FAVORITE PIECES I SAW TODAY AT THE NATIONAL GALLERY
My artsy fartsy momma made for damn sure that I grew up with an appreciation for the fine arts, yet here I am living in a pantheon of culture and I've barely taken advantage of it. I didn't know much about Czech art before today but now I do! I feel like I have a newly expanded understanding of the Czech people.
- •Maximilián Pirner-DeathPretty spooky, eh?
- •Vojtěch Hynais-ScienceScience is a woman!!!
- •Alfons Mucha-???I forgot to write down the name of this oops and this square photo thing is rlly harshing the vibe but. Everything Alfons Mucha ever made is a dream tho. You've probably seen his work but you should look at more!
- •František Kupka-BabylonThis guy is a very big Czech deal. I never knew him before but now I love him! Don't the colors in this make you want to die?
- •František Kupka-Autumn SunBetter in real life (like all art) but you can kind of get the idea of how dreamy and perfect the light is here.
- •František Kupka-Cosmic Spring | (Color and Depth)My boy again! Here you can see how he was starting to hang with Kandinsky (another fav)
- •Emil Filla-Run, KatePicasso ain't the only cubist, ya know! There was a lot of this guy but this was my favorite because it ties in with the fairytale motif common in Czech art and literature ☺️
- •Antonín Procházka-Bouquet of Roses
- •Václav Špála-The Vltava River Near ČervenáCan you even beLIEVE these blues?
- •Bedřich Stefan-Girl with Absintheaka me