THE STORY OF MY FIRST DAY ON THE JOB
I came to the Czech Republic to teach English but I was getting paid beans so a couple weeks ago I got a job as a music teacher, which I'm totally unqualified for. They have no standards here.
- •My first day was supposed to be MondayBut no one gave me a schedule so I showed up at 8 am and the principal told me to come back on Wednesday. "8:30," he said.
- •So I show up at 8:30 duh and the guy isn't thereThis is awkward
- •Finally I find someone who knows what's happening and he tells me my first class isn't until 10:45And I'm like cool I'll wait nbd
- •"Oh and PS," he says, "there are only 3 kids in this class one is an actress and one's a professional skier but the other one should be there probably maybe idk"Spoiler alert: she didn't show
- •Then I taught a 7th grade class but they just wanted to talk about Taylor Swift so I let emAlso I used the wrong kind of marker on the whiteboard
- •And that's the whole thing. I got paid for this.
- •Also I was looking at a calendar of holidays and events and there's a witch burning listed for April 29thNot looking forward to that day one bit!