Dream Snl Hosts
I've been updating this list in my head for years and now have an outlet to share it. Hoping this will manifest itself into reality.
- •Leonardo DiCaprioSeriously how has this not happened yet? I'm sure they've reached out to him but I need them to try harder! The Lamborghini scene in The Wolf of Wall Street is proof of his physical comedy chops.
- •Blake Griffin (@blakegriffin)My intro to Blake's humor was in a video he did with Deandre Jordan during his freshman year in the NBA. They were both so naturally funny and I knew this guy was more than just a Dunk Contest star. SNL rarely books athlete hosts but I think they need to take the leap and put on Blake.
- •Donald GloverI think I just miss Donald the comedian. He's been busy as an actor (The Martian, Magic Mike XXL) and a music artist (Childish Gambino). It's crazy to me that people know him as those entities and not as the hilarious standup or Troy from Community. Also, he could be both host and musical guest, a rare and exclusive distinction.
- •Mindy Kaling (@mindy)She's hilarious. Duh. It would also be awesome to see her represent brown girls and I know she would love to do it.
- •Benedict CumberbatchHe can do voices and impressions. He's a respected actor with an Oscar nom under his belt. His first big movie is coming up next year, Doctor Strange. THIS HAS TO HAPPEN.
- •Abbi Jacobson & Ilana GlazerNow that I know duos are allowed (Poehler & Fey), I'll thrown my girls in the ring. They obviously have the comedy pedigrees but I think this would be a good opportunity to expose their brilliance to a wider audience.
- •Nicki MinajWithin her persona as a rap artist, Nicki has played several characters. She's been the Barbie, the Boss Bitch, Strong Independent Woman and anything she felt like being at the moment. She could easily do that for SNL. And have you really listened to her lyrics for Anaconda? She's frickin' funny. Another possibility for a host/musical guest combo!
- •Honorable MentionsChris Evans, Brie Larson, Miles Teller, Keegan Michael Key and/or Jordan Peele. All funny people I love.