Memories of Kobe Bryant
Kobe Bryant's legendary career ends today and I will be an emotional wreck. Here are some memories of being a Mamba fan.
- •Kobe gets engaged to VanessaI remember reading in the newspaper that Kobe got engaged to a high school student named Vanessa. I was 12 and very jealous.
- •Kobe hits the buzzer beater against the Suns in 2006 playoffs.My dad got me a single ticket 9 rows behind the basket while he sat a few rows back. Still can't believe I was there for one of Kobe's most memorable games of his career. Check me out in the right bottom corner wearing the yellow hat & vest.
- •2002 & 2009 Lakers championship paradesHappy to be present for the madness.
- •Letters to KobeAfter major injuries, wins & losses, I would write letters to Kobe on Xanga, Livejournal & Tumblr. They were super schmaltzy.
- •My mom sees Kobe at her workShe saw him at UCI medical center when he injured his finger. She was so nonchalant about it and I couldn't handle it.
- •Parade at Disneyland (2009)The day after the 2009 championship parade Disneyland had a parade with just Kobe. It was a lot less crowded so I could see him up close. I saw him just the day before and I still screamed my head off. He was with Mickey on his float which was the cutest thing ever.
- •Lakers beat Boston in 2010 finalsOne of the happiest moments of my life no joke. My brother and I jumped around the house and I lost my voice. This was Kobe's last championship and probably his most satisfying.