Things I Am Thinking While Being Interviewed to Be Empaneled on This Jury
Jury duty: it is our civic duty!
- •Dammit, my back hurts. That is going to make this whole process pretty darn difficult
- •Oh crap, this case is relevant to what I do for a living. I better let them know
- •Sooooo, does the fact that I'm an expert in this make me more or less desirable to the defense or to the prosecution?? I mean since I would be a juror not an expert…Really it could go either way
- •The defense attorney is questioning me closely. She wants to know whether or not I would have an opinion one way or another given certain facts. I most definitely would. Yes counselor, I definitely do!!
- •The prosecutor is giving me the evil eye. I know what that means
- •The Judge just warned me that if I was empaneled I would just be one of 12 with no fancy extra knowledge to throw around. I agreed wholeheartedly. I know my place judge.Yeah, Judge you're right, but once the prosecutor and the defense attorney got a load of me, they were going to have a different point of view from you. I'm toast.
- •The defense attorney keeps excusing jurors. I am number 14. I can tell she's trying to get me up in that box as One of the 12
- •Yep, she excuses number six which means I'm going up ...annnnnnd The prosecutor thanks me for my service and dismisses me.Knew it, lol
- •Until next year!!