ADVICE THAT IS ACTUALLY USELESS
- •"Be confident"Sure, that's easy to say. Because I have a confidence switch that's just always switched off. I prefer it that way.
- •"Just be yourself"This is a compliment because it means they like you, but not advice in any form. It's also just a way of laying up the "it probably just wasn't the right fit for you" after you didn't get the job (or whatever you're seeking advice about).
- •"Don't worry!"But I am worried! At least a little bit. THAT'S WHY I'M SEEKING YOUR ADVICE!
- •"Don't worry, something will come along soon"See previous. Also, what you're trying to say is "Practice being patient but also make a list of what you want, then think of as many ways of pursuing that as possible."
- •"Follow your heart"My heart wants to live on a sailboat in the Mediterranean with an unlimited supply of beer (with my wife and future kids of course), but that's probably not going to happen.
- •"Well, what do you think?"This is just cheating, don't try to repeat back what I already think"
- •Just do your best that's all that countsSuggested by @dudleyjoshua
- •Just be happy!Note: not my struggle. I'm always happy. But like some people I know find it harder.Suggested by @gwcoffey