DO'S AND DON'TS OF PAYING RENT
- •DO: Pay your rentObviously - don't get evicted
- •DON'T: Imagine how many drinks you could have bought instead of paying rent
- •DON'T: Think about all those things you bought that you're now not sure was one 100% necessaryThanks workout equipment in my living room I never use, especially now that I've joined a gym!
- •DON'T: Lie to yourself and say you deserve a night out because you just paid rentThat makes NO SENSE
- •DON'T: Look at your bank account after it's paidGive it a few days, but by all means make sure the money is there before you write the check
- •DO: Feel good about being adult enough to pay rent
- •DON'T: Let that go to your headI paid rent, so now I can do anything! Give me a credit card because I want to buy a house!
- •DON'T: Make a list instead of writing the check to the landlord while he's looking at youIt's a little awkward.