HIGHLIGHTS FROM MY MEETING WITH THE POPE
Because he's apparently meeting anyone these days
- 1.I asked "How did you get here? Was parking bad?"He giggled like a little altar boy.
- 2.He tried to give me a rosary bead and I hissed while pretending to meltJk pope, but seriously get that away from me.
- 3.I asked him where he got his Halloween costumeHe apparently has people for that.
- 4.He pitched me a TV show that was basically Pimp My Ride with his 22 PopemobilesIt would only be one season, but he claims to have a strong following so you never know where it might lead to.
- 5.We hit an awkward silence, so he started doing push-ups
- 6.It turned into a push-up competitionHe won...
- 7.My pride was hurt so I challenged him to a thumb warHe won...
- 8.We did rock - paper - scissors
- 9.At some point I realize he hasn't asked me a single question about myself. What a jackass.
- 10.I decide not to say anything until he shows interest in my life10 minutes of silence goes by.
- 11.Finally, I tell him I have to leave because I just remembered I don't believe in GodIt's awkward, but necessary.