HOW I QUICKLY GOT INTO GOLF IN MY MID 20S
I tried it by accident. I was visiting a friend who was going through a rough patch. I wanted to get him out of the house and we randomly decided to go to the driving range.
- •It was harder than I thought it would be, and I like a challenge.
- •The basics are easy enough to understand (tough hard to perfect), so it doesn't take a long time before you can start playing on a course.
- •Actually, you can start on the course if you want. There's no stopping you. It just takes longer to finish if you suck.
- •It's not just for old people!
- •Though this is a game where you can only get better and age isn't a bad thing.
- •It's not as expensive as you think! There are cheaper courses. Equipment doesn't have to be crazy either, and you can rent it in the beginning.
- •It's insanely satisfying to hit a good shot.
- •Getting your first Par makes you feel on top of the world.
- •Getting your first Birdie (one under Par) makes you feel invincible.
- •I saw my friend get his first Eagle, which incidentally was a hole-in-one. I now have to be better than him!
- •You can't blame a loss/bad shot on anyone else but yourself.
- •You spend hours places like this.