SEEMINGLY QUINTESSENTIAL AMERICAN STUFF I HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED
Please tell me if there's more. I probably haven't tried it but I want to know what they are.
- •PromI've been at a dance once. It wasn't as big as a prom and certainly not as important. People didn't go together. Didn't dress up. It seems like there's tons of pressure for proms so I'll pass.
- •CampSpent my summers with my family at our vacation place or at home. We have 4-5 weeks of vacation in Norway, so it was never an issue. I wish I had tried this one because it sounds like a lot of fun.
- •Gone trick or treatingWe do a similar thing on New Year's eve. Except we sing a Christmas song to get candy. So I guess it's Halloween meets Christmas carolers on New Year's Eve, so I don't really need to try this one.
- •Carved a pumpkin for HalloweenI don't think I've even saw a pumpkin (irl) until I came to the US. Never used it for decoration as we don't celebrate Halloween. At least we didn't when I was growing up. I'm ambivalent about this one. I wouldn't mind doing it, but probably won't unless I'm with a group of people carving pumpkins. Sheep mentality
- •Played American footballI've thrown the ball around. Never played any version of it. Still not sure about the rules. I do like being patriotic about SC Trojans, but it's more a social thing for me. Fight on! I don't see myself playing unless my future kids want me to.
- •Canned cheeseI knew what it was solely from A Goofy Movie. No need to try this one.