STUFF I REMEMBER FROM MY "HOW TO MAKE FRIENDS IN AMERICA" CLASS THAT I WAS FORCED TO TAKE IN COLLEGE
Because I'm foreign
- •You should start new conversations by saying "What's up?", but it's really important that your tone goes up when you say "up." .... "Now, can you all say it with me? What's UP?"
- •People are very friendly here and you shouldn't be afraid to talk to people
- •Don't talk to strangers (went to USC, which is in a not so great area of LA)
- •Speaker: You don't have to be too polite *pauses to look at Asians on her right* but don't be too rude either *looks at white people to her left*
- •I made no friends in this four hour class or using their methods