WHEN YOU'RE IN AN ETHNICALLY MIXED RELATIONSHIP 📂
My wife happens to be Black, and these are some of the things I've noticed over the years. Please feel free to share your stories.
- •People ask if you have a thing for [insert ethnicity] people
- •White women are very excited for us to have kids because "mixed babies are the cutest"
- •I realized how racist my friends and family can be (even though they don't mean to)
- •I realized how racist I can be (even though I don't meant to)
- •One time, some people shouted "we love you guys" as they drove by
- •Strangers have assumed we're not together and talked shit about me when I left my wife alone for a minute
- •People say "I don't think I could ever have imagined you with an [insert ethnicity] person"
- •We have discussions about race, which are pointless because she naturally wins
- •Dancing at clubs becomes interesting... I have no idea how to grind.
- •I don't get why she doesn't want to go swimming all the time
- •People ask if our parents approve
- •When people ask you how you met and it's a super boring story and they look disappointed because they expected to hear exotic transnational storyline.Suggested by @scoutregalia