WHAT I JUST THREW AWAY
woke up a little early, decided I'd clean out my fridge because I'm a filth monster. I realize what comes next is going to sound wasteful. because it is. for that, I feel bad.
- •1/8 of a watermelon that had begun to liquefyI guess summers officially over
- •1/3 of a pint of blueberries that had shriveled to just slightly larger than the atoms that make them up
- •a little thing of salsa from a taco stand I ate at four months agowhich I dropped on the floor on the way to the trash. I'll be finding dried salsa from that explosion for the next four months
- •1/4 of a container of spring mixit had lost all that was spring-y about it and was a melted mass of green gunge. I'd started referring to it as the goblin's bush, like an old friend: "you going out tonight?" "nah, me and the goblin's bush are gonna Netflix and chill."
- •7 cherry tomatoesat least, I think that's what they were
- •a large piece of what little dignity I have left with the publication of this list