Albums that changed my life
Albums are not in any particular order
- •Exile On Main Street - The Rolling StonesI didn't like the Stones until I was 18 and changed my mind mainly because of this album. No major hits; post British Invasion. It was like wiping away the make up from the face of America. I still listen to it often and it leaves me feeling like I just walked out of a honkey tonk at 5 am still drunk.
- •Escape From Noise - NegativlandHilarious and inventive. I started thinking about "music" differently after this.
- •Kind Of Blue - Miles DavisThis album makes me feel cooler than I actually am. All the solos are from the first or second take with only minimal sheet music and no practice sessions yet they're damn near perfect.
- •Led Zeppelin- Led ZeppelinFirst album that was all mine. An eighth birthday gift from my brother. Started me on two paths: Classic Rock and the blues.
- •The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars - David BowieA rock album that was so much more.
- •Wrong - NomeansnoMakes the darkness fun.