Ultimate Opening Song Lyrics
The best/funniest/most poignant/poetic/abstract opening songs lyrics. I banned myself from the obvious Morrissey/Leonard Cohen clichés. Interestingly there are no women in there, it's not a coincidence though. I'm very sexist
- •Bitch Went Nuts- Ben Folds"The bitch went nuts/ She stabbed my basketball and the speakers to my stereo/ She called me cunt/ But nothing prepared me for what I found when I came home"
- •Kinky Afro- Happy Mondays"Son I'm 30, I only went with your mother 'cos she's dirty"
- •The Rat- The Walkmen"You've got a nerve to be asking a favour/ You've got a nerve to be calling my number"
- •Jessica- Adam Green"Jessica Simpson, where has your love gone? It's not in your music, no. You need a vacation, to wake up the cavemen and take them to Mexico"
- •Nancy- Father John Misty"Oh pour me another drink/ and punch me in the face/ You can call me Nancy"
- •Martell- The Cribs"How hard can it be to get a slap on a back in a room full of morons?/ So you hate my sunglasses? Well your precious Leeds is dead"
- •Puncture Repair- Elbow" I leaned on you today/ I regularly hurt but never say"
- •Witness (1 Hope)- Roots Manuva"Taskmaster burst the bionic zit splitter/ Breakneck speeds me drown 10 pints of bitter"
- •Making Plans For Nigel- XTC"We're only making plans for Nigel/ We only want what's best for him./We're only making plans for Nigel/ Nigel just needs that helping hand"
- •Jo Jo's Jacket- Stephen Malkmus"I'm not what you think I am/ I'm the king of Siam/I've got a bald head/My name is Yul Brynner/And I am a famous movie star"