SONGS FROM ONE DIRECTION'S NEW ALBUM, MADE IN THE A.M., RANKED
Huge 1D fan. Here are the songs off their new album ranked in order of my favorites. I like the faster, more upbeat songs more, so keep in mind that bias if you disagree. Was planning to do this when it first came out, but I got busy and forgot.
- •OliviaVERY CUTE. THE DEEP NOTE ON OLIVIA. THE HAPPY, SWING BEAT. SO CATCHY. I WISH I WAS NAMED OLIVIA. Also kinda sounds like a Beatles song, but it's still working for me. JUST YES THOUGH. STRAIGHT JAM. CHORD PROGRESSION!!!!!!
- •History(Not because I'm a history major or anything) the chorus is good, and catchy. Got a good beat, something I can really jam to in my car, but not like a crazy head banging jam. Apparently this is the last song they sang when they performed on the X-Factor which is their last performance for like 18 months. 😥 I'm not crying, nope
- •Drag Me DownThe carpool karaoke version of this when James Corden rapped and Niall sang and Louis was the pump up guy was sick as hell. I love this song, and the music video is cool too. I would like the beat/bass to drop harder though? Like the buildup is insane and there is really no payoff to headband to. Opinions?
- •Never EnoughThe grunt at the beginning was enough to sell me. Rock feel. The 'Come on!'s really get me. Going to be a good song to see live because of all the energy
- •If I Could FlyVery laid back, very chill, very open. Tearjerker. Liam's voice on the 2nd half of the 1st verse, and Harry's chorus are 💯. Louis also nails the 1st half of the 2nd verse. Almost better because they aren't all singing together, so maybe the solo projects will work out during the hiatus. Easily the best slow song on the album
- •Temporary FixTypical pop/rock song. Nice chord progression. Like the chorus. The 2nd verse when Harry songs low makes the whole song though. #sorrynotsorry
- •WolvesAHHHH CUTE. 10/10 good beat! Amazing chorus!
- •Walking in the WindMight be just me, but the beginning gives off a "Blackbird" vibe. Then the song goes pop, then back to the ' chill' vibe. The end really gives Harry the chance show off his vocal prowess.
- •PerfectEveryone says that the chorus sounds like Blank Space and it does. That being said, Blank Space is a good song and so is this one! Production value is sweeeeet. Nice and easy to clap to which is definitely something I look for in a song.
- •InfinityChill, then builds into something almost EDM, with the dance break at the end. Wasn't a fan until the end part
- •End of the Day"Just me, her, and the moon" love the rhythm behind it. A great jam song. Louis sounds really good in this song too. This is really just his album. Actually all the vocals in this song are 💯
- •I Want To Write You a SongA very cutesy slow song. Everyone's voices sound really good and the harmonies are 👌🙌👍👌. I like it when the drum comes in in the 2nd verse quietly but you can still feel it.
- •Hey AngelGood first song of the album. Very chill. Their voices sound really good and the production is amazing. Overall though, eh. Louis's voice in particular sounds good.
- •Love You GoodbyeEh. Sad, starts slow and kinda builds into the chorus. Vocals are good though.
- •A.M.Builds, but just eh. Also they say "ass" so it's a step forward. Very ballad-y
- •What a FeelingDisco type feel, kinda works though. Almost as if they are showing their versatility: "Look at us! We can do disco! We can do pop! We can do EDM! Our music is very diverse!" Not my fav, not the worst song they've ever done.
- •Long Way DownAnother slow one. All the slow ones pick up around the chorus though, so they must know what they are doing. At this point, all the slow/ballad type songs blur together.