Books I Have Read More Than Once
Some books you just keep going back to.
- •The MartianBy Andy Weir. This is a phenomenally accurate "how to guide" for surviving on Mars. It will make every nerd laugh out loud.
- •Harry PotterBy JKR. All of them. I literally grew up with these books, turning 17 within weeks of the 7th book's publication. Need I say more?
- •Jurassic ParkBy Michael Crichton. This is one of the few books I have read in a single day. It is both a gripping thrill ride and an interesting philosophical argument about science. Also, VELOCIRAPTORS!!
- •A Walk in the WoodsBy Bill Bryson. Full of satire and comedy, I keep coming back to this book when I want to relive being in the mountains. Bryson gets the nuances of being new to hiking hysterically accurate.
- •The Fault in Our StarsBy John Green. I heard about the Green brothers from a friend who followed Vlogbrothers, and joined Nerdfighteria around the time this latest John Green novel was published. It is the only book I have gone through with a pencil to underline my favorite quotable lines.
- •The Hunger GamesBy Suzanne Collins. I am addicted to this trilogy. I purposefully marathon them before each movie release, with the average time taking 2.5 days for all three. I don't think I've ever taken more than 48 hours to read Catching Fire, I cannot put it down once I start.
- •The HelpBy Cathryn Stockett. It is a beautiful story, giving a vivid image of 1970s Mississippi, in all its good and ugly. It also has some of my favorite characters of all time, namely Minnie and Miss Celia.