Pammy's Super Savory Potato Salad
This one is for all my friends who have asked what's in my potato salad. Very simple to make and I make everything to taste so you adjust your recipe to your own taste.
- •Begin with potatoes (duh). I use Yukon Gold because I love the flavor, color and texture better than all the others. Wash peel and cut them into smaller chunks. Place into a pot.
- •Put some salt on them. You want the water to be salty when it is boiling so I am generous with the salt.
- •Cover with water and boil until you can stick a fork in a potato chunk and it goes right into it.
- •Drain and put into a bowl. In this batch I need a large bowl.
- •You will need to prep a few items. For this larger batch I cut up three stalks of celery and five hard boiled eggs. Sometimes, if I have made them in advance, I will use pickled eggs. You can also add diced green or red bell peppers for a festive touch.
- •This potato salad is savory so I am using diced dill relish. I prefer Mt Olive with sea salt. I put the whole jar in juice and all.
- •Next I use regular Mayo, Dijon mustard and Greek seasoning. Everything is to taste and I've never measured any of these ingredients. You can always do less and add a little more if you like later. Experimenting is the way you make this YOURS. So if you want to be a rebel and use brown spicy mustard or add some dill sprigs go right ahead.
- •Use this kind of Greek Seasoning. It is good on everything. They make two versions of this. One without salt and one with. This is my Accent or Adobo for those of you who know what those are.
- •Mix it all together and sprinkle with paprika. Chill overnight and serve the next day. Maybe throw some parsley on top to make it fancy.