Ten Feelings I Chase
Inspired by @blisssara
- •Driving near the airport and the rush of having a jumbo jet come in for a landing a few feet above my head.
- •Being in that floaty place halfway between sleep and awake, and my heavy breathing sounds like it's coming from somebody else.
- •Getting the first glimpse of the Chicago skyline on our annual trips. It feels like home and something new at the same time.
- •Lounging on freshly changed cedar scented sheets and blankets.
- •Getting a head-butt from my cat.
- •When patient comes back to our dialysis unit JUST to show off their new, healthy body following transplant and we are elated af.
- •That tiny feeling I get standing near something immense. I.e. An endless body of water, a cornfield stretching out into oblivion, a big ass farm animal, etc.
- •When my stews emerge from the oven with the perfect viscosity, browning and fragrance.
- •Laughing so hard that others laugh at you laughing and everything turns into a big giggle party.
- •That time I found fledgling great horned owls in the woods and I squealed like a happy harpy as they slow blinked their way into my soul.