Books I've Read in 2017
- •Cat's CradleDark humor from Kurt Vonnegut about a religion based on lies and the end of the world because of ice-nine. "Of all the words of mice and men the saddest are 'it might've been.'" A fun kickstart to the year.
- •Pride and PrejudiceEmbarrassed it took me this long to get around to reading. I loved it loved it loved it and I have started a minor Austen obsession, as I feel is normal for my age/gender.
- •Salman Rushdie's The Wizard of OzRead it on a bus - actually super funny and interesting commentary on an American classic.
- •One Hundred Years of SolitudeI loved the writing and the ending. Made me get why so many of my friends love magical realism so much.
- •Wuthering HeightsI liked this one a lot too. Made me think of the saying Bronte books end in death, Austen books end in marriage. Made me want to revisit the house in England.
- •Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?Read in honor of Mindy Kaling's pregnancy announcement
- •Case HistoriesI think Kate is one of my favorite modern authors, although I still liked Life After Life more