Literary Characters I Have A Crush On
- •Sam Roxton from "I've Got Your Number" by Sophie KinsellaSmart, successful, looks good in a suit; like most love interests in chick lit, he's almost too perfect. He's good at Scrabble too - swoon!
- •Dag Bellinghausen from "Generation X" by Douglas CouplandFun, spontaneous, and an expert storyteller, this is the kind of guy my teenage self lived to love.
- •Joe Morelli from the Stephanie Plum series by Janet EnanovichA New Jersey cop with a sassy wit; knows how cute he is, and isn't shy about using it to his advantage.
- •Cleopatra from "Antony and Cleopatra" by William ShakespeareI've always been weak for any portrayal of Cleopatra; strong, uncompromising, passionate and seemingly fearless. What a woman!
- •Lincoln O'Neill from "Attachments " by Rainbow RowellSure, he's a little socially awkward, but he's a genuinely good person who shows a lot of heart and courage as he finally comes into his own, and as he falls in love.
- •Lisbeth Salander from the Millennium trilogy by Stieg LarssonThe ultimately badass; she fights for justice, she's unapologetically herself, and she's freakishly, intimidatingly intelligent.
- •John from "John Dies at the End" by David WongNot the most obvious pick; a foolhardy slacker in a shitty band? But I'm a sucker for people with verbal skills and charm to spare. (Rob Mayes playing him in the movie was a nice bonus.)