Movie Adaptions I Enjoyed More Than Their Books
I can't believe it either!
- •What's Your Number?Aka. 'Twenty Times A Lady' by Karyn Bosnak. The book was pretty bland, but the movie had a fuzzy Chris Evans, and that's really all I ask for.
- •SavagesAka. 'Savages' by Don Winslow. Don't get me wrong, the book is GREAT; but the movie did an amazing job portraying the relationship between Chon and Ben, which is the heart of the story.
- •The Devil Wears PradaAka. 'The Devil Wears Prada' by Lauren Weisberger.. I may be totally alone in this, but I found the main character so unlikable, that I gave up the book a third into it. The movie, however, always entertains.
- •The Social NetworkAka. 'The Accidental Billionaires' by Ben Mezrich. This really isn't a fair comparison, but the book has nothing on the movie; which is a cinematic masterpiece and why David Fincher owes me an apology.
- •Whip ItAka. 'Whip It' by Shauna Cross. The book is fine, you can take it or leave it. But the movie, oh man, I just love it so much. One of my favorite coming-of-age films ever.
- •BONUS: An adaptation so bad it felt like a personal attack:
- •One For the MoneyThe books had so much potential, and you've probably never heard of this movie. Better cast and better use of source material could have delivered a solid action comedy. (Book series by Janet Evanovich.)